Holy crap it’s March already.
Well, I mean, it’s almost March already. It’s close enough that it’s time to take a minute and plan out my goals and decide exactly what I want to achieve for the month.
I’ve learned a lot of things along the way on this journey of mine, not just about weight loss but about overall success, and the most important thing is that I function better with goals and a plan.
Not having a traditional 9-5 job anymore means that I need to be especially motivated every day, and for me, the best way to do that is to have a clear idea of what I want to accomplish for the month. From there I break it down into manageable chunks, and get it done!
March is going to be a big month for me from both a fitness and a professional standpoint. I have my first official race of the season coming up on April 11th, so training will be particularly important, and I have a few professional ducks I want to get in a row to continue to advance my career as a health and wellness writer.
Here’s a break down of the big picture of what I’m going to accomplish next month.
March Wellness Goals:
- Follow my half marathon training plan in preparation for the Iron Girl Clearwater 13.1 race on April 11th. Generally speaking, this means 3 runs per week with my long run increasing in distance to 11 miles by the end of the month.
- Maintain my strength training schedule. Generally speaking this means 5x per week lifting weights.
- Continue incorporating yoga a minimum of 1x per week with a stretch goal of 2x per week during the month.
- On non-running days, ride my bike (2x per week). The focus this month is continuing to build my base for the season, longest rides will be in the 40-50 mile range. Continue to increase my strength, speed, and comfort riding with a group.
- Continue to hone my nutritional efforts with a goal of a bit more fat/weight loss overall. This means 5-6 meals per day to fuel my workouts, heavy on the veggies and protein, and no more than 1 “cheat meal” per week. Booze no more than 1x per week.
March Professional Goals
- Develop editorial calendar for my personal blog and post a minimum of 3x per week. (Ya’ll may have noticed I’ve been slacking lately, and it’s because I have so much paid work coming in I get distracted).
- Continue to work to develop my niche as a fitness/health/wellness/beauty blogger with a totally questionable sense of humor, and focus my personal writing in those areas.
- Begin studying for and register for my personal trainer certification. (As a fitness blogger, it would be awesome to have some creds to back it up, right?)
- Explore other certification options that may be relevant to my professional development, and opportunities that might exist with these certifications (i.e., group exercise- are there opportunities to teach classes locally? Yoga? New OrangeTheory opening soon…)
- Continue to grow my social followings with the goal of becoming a FitFluential Ambassador. Goals- 50 more followers on Instagram for the month and 100 more on Twitter. Do you follow me? You totally should, I’m hilarious. Check out the side bar to follow my pages!
While there’s a thousand more things I would love to accomplish, these are the goals I’ve set my sights on for March.
So now it’s your turn! What are you going to accomplish this month? Share your #1 goal with me, and upcoming race you have, or heck, anything else you want to chat about.
I want to know people!